As they say, music is food for the soul. A good music producer brings joy and vibrancy into the lives of many. The producer can play this role even more successfully by learning the art of beats selling. There is a lot to be gained by harnessing this skill, both for the producers and hi/her fans. This article is a beginner’s guide to selling music online.
Why Take Up Online Beats Selling?
- It Has Become Very Easy To Sell Beats Online
The internet has created unlimited possibilities for anyone willing to start selling music online. You can sell music all over the globe, at whatever time of day or night. The internet enables you to get a wide reach of audience. It broadens your clientele reach. Additionally, it is easy to automate the process once the groundwork has been well laid.
- Make Money Off Your Passion
If you have a passion for making beats, you can easily make cash. Beats selling can be a lucrative venture that can actually enable you to leave your 9 to 5 job comfortably. Make your beat into a product that you can market. You will be surprised by the income you will generate.
- Help People Access Quality Beats
Selling music online is a great way of helping people who are in demand of quality music. Turning your passion for music into a business will help others achieve their dreams. It will be a way of making others happy.
Many entrepreneurs spend a lot of time and effort trying to create a suitable digital product. You can help them by using your talent to create a new beat in a few hours and selling it to them. As you solve their problem, you get an opportunity to make cash.
How Do You Get Started In This Venture?
- Ensure that you have Quality Beats.
Make sure that your beats are good enough to perform well in the online market. You can consider this:
- Ensure that the beats are in the correct structure to meet the needs of the music artist.
- Get constructive feedback from people who will not fear to criticize your work. The essence of this is to enable you to make better quality beats.
- Mix your beats perfectly, so that the music artist can get the best experience from your work.
- Respect Copyrights
Beats licensing issues can be tricky. You, therefore, need to ensure that any samples that you use in your work are royalty free. This will help you to avoid any legal tussles.
What Are Your Online Beats Selling Options?
There are many online beats selling options to choose from. It is important out find out the ones that work best for you. Either you can decide to create your own website to sell music, or use the community-based stores like Rocbattle, SoundClick, PMPWorldwide, and MyFlashStore. Both options have their Pros and Cons.
Merits of selling beats through community stores
- Customers are easily available
- They offer the communities that you need to connect to.
- Traffic goes to the homepage
- They are easy to set up and are quite fast.
Demerits of selling beats through community stores
- It is not very professional
- You only have one page on your website profile.
- Cut-throat competition. For example, Rocbattle alone has close to 115,000 producers offering their products.
- Unstable pricing. Pricing is largely dictated by competition. If a competitor lowers their price, you would be forced to do the same, regardless of your costs.
- High monthly fees
- The websites are cluttered.
- You are restrained on how much customization you can do to your page.
Merits of creating a beats website
- It focuses on you – and your music. You have full control of your product.
- It looks like serious business and is therefore regarded as more professional.
- You can customize it as much as you want.
- You can interact with the music artist in a better way.
- You have your social media accounts all in one place.
Demerits of Creating Your Beats Website
- High initial setup costs – money is needed for web design hosting and domain.
- Setting up the website may call for expert help. If not, you could face a lot of frustration and confusion.
- Creating a website requires a lot of time.
- The onus of traffic generation is on you.
There you have it – two options to choose from! Which do you choose? The prudent thing is to pick both. Your customers are everywhere, and so is your competition! Ensure that you have a foothold in both areas so that your beats can reach your target audience. Add your beats to the community site with a link to your website so that you can control your buyer’s experience as they interact with your music.
Most importantly, be innovative and think outside the box when it comes to the online marketing of your beats. However, be keen on issues regarding beats licensing so that you do not infringe on copyrights.